News about the ICS,
are now posted to our
If you would like to be added to our mailing list please complete the form on this page.
Alternatively you can email Steve: email@example.com to be added to the list.
Please complete the fields below to sign up to recieve our regular email newsletters.
We do not pass on your information to any other party.
THE FIRST 40 YEARS . . .
in 2017 The International Ceramics Studio, Kecskemét celebrates its first 40 year anniversary. Many special events are being planned so keep looking at the website for more information . . . .
"The European Citizen's Prize".
Congratulations to Ceramics Studio founder János Probstner.
A well deserved acknowledgement of his great work over the years and his legacy in the Ceramics Studio, which continues the work of supporting, promoting and fostering intercultural relationships through the medium of ceramics.
The European Citizen's Prize is intended to be an award for exceptional achievements in the activities or actions by citizens, groups, associations or organisations having displayed an outstanding commitment to promoting better mutual understanding and closer integration between citizens of the Member States; or to facilitating cross- border or transnational cooperation within the European Union.
see the photos on our Facebook page
The ICS is pleased to be a partner in the EU project "CERACIT - Moulding Europe: the art of Ceramics for the Art of Citizenship". The town twinning citizens’ meeting was held in Nov, Italy. In
formation about the event and photos are on the Nove Town Council website.
Click HERE to read the report about the event (Italian)
Keeping contact with the ceramics community
In addition to our regular email newsletters we also have an online magazine at ISSUU.com which features some of our programs and events. Follow the links below to view.
- Issue 01 : 2014 - Masterclasses and symposia, images from study abroad, Art from the Cloister of Clay - pictures from the exhibition, iconic images. (37mb pdf)
- Issue 01 : 2013 - Masterclasses and symposia for 2013, images from 2012 courses, Iconic Images from the collection (2.6 mb pdf)
- Issue 4 : 2012 - Paul Mathieu, Masterclasses, An ICS Symposium, Images from our courses,
- Issue 3 : 2012 - Shozo Michikawa, Ilona Romule, Akio Takamori, Markus Böhm masterclass, updates and images. (5.6mb)
- Issue 2 : 2012 - masterclass updates, Ruthanne Tudball, Aage Birck, Masakazu Kusakabe. (2mb pdf)
- Issue 1 : 2012 - Latest news on the studio situation, Paperclay II, Masterclasses, Sergei Isupov. (2mb pdf)
- Issue 4 : 2011 - Study Abroad, Programs for 2012, ICS history, the collection and Porcelain at ICS
- Issue 3 : 2011 - Kilnbuilding workshops, Iconography symposium and much more
- Issue 2 : 2011 - Residency photos and Poitiers exhibition - Residency photos and Poitiers exhibition
- Issue 1 : 2011 - Masterclasses and residencies
Markus Böhm opens the kiln for his masterclass
Masters meet in ICS, Peteris Martinsons, Sándor Kecskeméti, János Probstner and Yasuo Hayashi
2011 Triennial jury